VegNews has announced the winners of the 2006 Veggie Awards. There are too many to list here, but we extend a special SuperVegan shout-out to the local NYC winners:
- Sweet & Sara won “Product of the Year” for their marshmallows.
- MooShoes has won the readers’ award for “Favorite Vegan Storefront”.
- Matthew Kenney, of Blue/Green fame, as well as the Jivamukti Cafe (and formerly of Pure Food and Wine) was named “Chef of the Year”.
- Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero of the Post Punk Kitchen have won “Cookbook of the Year” for their Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
- The “VegNews Visionary Award” went to Bart Potenza and Joy Pierson of
Candle Caf? and Candle 79.
- And finally, Farm Sanctuary’s 20th Anniversary Gala for Farm Animals was named the “Event of the Year”.
Congratulations! We’re proud of you!