April Salazar grew up in Fontana, California and Jersey City, New Jersey, but has lived in New York since 1994. She became a vegetarian when she was nine and a vegan when she was thirteen, and as a teenager she used to fantasize that this would give her cred with River Phoenix. She now fantasizes that it will give her cred with Joaquin.
She takes a great deal of pride in her kitchen and in her spare time enjoys cooking, dancing, hanging out with friends, and Googling ex-boyfriends.
Her hero is Pamela Anderson.
Blog posts by April Salazar:
- Nellie McKay on Why We Love Doris Day
- Passover: Why Is This Seder Different from All Others?
- News of the Bizarre: Men Who Cook
- PETA Mourns Anna Nicole
- Single White Misogynist, Aquarius, 45
- Chocolate Decadence Celebrates Tenth Anniversary
- Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Crime
- Hot New Blogger Trend: Going Vegan
- V. Mars, Monkey Tracker
- The Surreal Life
- The Sexual Politics of PETA
- Slaughter Chic
- McCartney Family Poised to Corner Vegan Lifestyle Market