Upon moving to NYC in 2003 to attend CUNY's Hunter College, Jamie met up with SuperVegan's Olivia and became active in animal rights outreach on campus. Not long after the move, Jamie made the switch from vegetarian to vegan and has continued to take part in animal rights outreach and other forms of activism within the city.
In May of 2006 Jamie graduated from Hunter College with an English degree and is currently taking some time off before persuing a Masters degree in political science.
She resides in Brooklyn along with her feline friend, The Banshee.
Blog posts by Jamie Hagen:
- Book Review: Bloodless Revolution: A Cultural History of Vegetarianism from 1600 to Modern Times
- Book Review: Bird Flu: A Virus Of Our Own Hatching
- Update: Beijing Dog Culling Called Off
- Sanctuary Owner Fights to Protect Disabled Birds
- Three Chimpanzees to Find Sanctuary After Settlement
- USDA Seeking Public Comments on Captive Elephants
- Beijing Institutes One-Dog Policy In Effort to Fight Rabies
- Compassion Over Killing Airs MTV Pro-Vegetarian Ad Nationally
- Iceland Breaks Moratorium On Whaling
- “Dangerous Dogs or Irresponsible Owners” Conference
- LA Times asks: Do Fish feel pain?
- Speciesism as potential topic in new social justice class
- Update: The American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act
- Four SHAC Defendants Sentenced
- Pride of Baghdad: A New Graphic Novel
- New York Times Talks Animal Law
- Oppose the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act
- Review of Capers in the Churchyard
- Veganism addresses problems of peak oil
- Mourners in Germany Protest Bruno’s Murder
- Jamie reviews Dispatches From Hell
- Vegan diet better for treating Diabetes
- Lewis and Clark to host Animal Law conference
- Bamboo the Elephant in need of Sanctuary
- Whales in the News: Good news for Right Whales, the NRDC takes the Navy to court
- Coming to a Computer Near You
- Daisy Dog Studio – Pottery for PETA