Jenna McDavid is a Harlem-based vegan activist with a love for riding bikes, chalking on the sidewalk, and writing letters. She went vegan in high school and is still trying valiantly to convince her family that it's not just a phase. In 2008, Jenna co-founded the LOVE Collective (Living Opposed to Violence and Exploitation), where she writes regularly and manages several projects designed to foster community and end oppression.
When not blogging for SuperVegan or shirking responsibilities at work, you can find Jenna playing cards in the West Village, training for roller derby, singing karaoke (poorly), or up to her elbows in cupcake batter. Her two cats, Hamlet and Ophelia, get more mail than she does.
Blog posts by Jenna McDavid:
- Meet the New Vegan Truffle In Town: Super Foxy Sweets (Plus Exclusive Discount!)
- The New York City Vegetarian Food Festival is taking over this Sunday, April 3rd
- D.C.’s Sticky Fingers Bakery on Food Network’s Cupcake Wars Tonight
- Vegan Chocolates Face Off!, Or, The One In Which We Eat Chocolate Ostensibly For Your Benefit
- Help someone go vegan, or make a new friend, with L.O.V.E.’s Vegan Pen Pals Project
- Vegansaurus Takes on Top Chef: Just Desserts with Veganized Recipes from Your Favorite Chefs
- As Temperatures Drop, Stay Warm the Vegan Way with Hot Cocoa, Mittens, and More
- Top Ten Ways to Celebrate World Vegan Day, November 1st
- Farm Sanctuary’s NYC Walk for Farm Animals this Sunday, October 24, in Central Park
- Food Network Survey Finds 15% of Chefs Lie About What’s Vegetarian
- Rock Out with Moby, Saturday 9/25 at the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary