Join us THIS Thursday, November 29, from 7:00pm to 10:00pm for Vegan Drinks NYC! Find us at Fontana’s Bar, located at 105 Eldridge Street on the Lower East Side. Heirloom Vegan Eatery will be back and they’re bringing Southern-style breakfast foods for your dinner needs! Prep your innards for fried “chicken” and waffles, biscuits and gravy, tater tots, grits, “chicken” biscuits and more!
The first 150 attendees will receive a free tube of lipstick (vegan, of course!), a coupon booklet, and special product discount codes, compliments of Ecco Bella. (So get there early!)
This month, we’ll be benefiting the not-for-profit Friends of Animals, who work to cultivate a respectful view of nonhuman animals, free-living and domestic. Their goal is to free animals from cruelty and institutionalized exploitation around the world. Funds raised at Vegan Drinks will directly enable them to continue their life-saving work and benefit their low-cost spay-neuter program in the NY Metropolitan area by helping to provide subsidies for rescue groups, shelters and people on low-incomes to spay or neuter their cats and dogs at one of the veterinarians in their network. Stuff some dollars in their donation jar and buy a boat load of their raffle tickets so you can walk away with some of the following great prizes:
- Candle Café West Restaurant—Gift Certificate, Value: $75.00
- Blossom Restaurant—Gift Certificate for Chelsea, 187 Ninth Ave. location, Value: $50
- Blossom du Jour (any location). Gift Certificate, Value: $30
- Moo Shoes, vegan shoe and accessory store, Gift Certificate, Value: $50
- Gift Certificate from Ecco Bella, organic skin care & cosmetics, Value: $175
- Original artwork (oil painting) donated by vegan artist Marcus Pierno, Value: $500
- Gift Certificate for a Sterling Silver Custom Photo Pendant, from vegan jewelry company Metal Cloth & Wood, Value: $55
- Gift Certificate for Lagusta’s Luscious, handmade, organic, fair-trade vegan chocolate, Value: $40
- Gift certificate for a yoga class and community acupuncture session from Third Root Community Health Center in Brooklyn, Value: $55.00
- Box of Vegan Peanut Butter Cups From GonePie Vegan Bakery, Value: $30
- Signed copy of The Lucky Ones from Jenny Brown of Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary
- One Friends of Animals Vegan message T-shirt (Value: $22) and one vegan cookbook, Best of Vegan Cooking (Value: $19.95)
- One vegan cookbook, Dining With Friends: The Art of North American Vegan Cuisine (Value: $19.95), one Friends of Animals vegan message T-shirt (Value: $22), and one copy of On Their Own Terms: Bringing Animal-Rights Philosophy Down to Earth (Value: $20.95)
- Vaute Couture “For The Love of Dog, Adopt” T-Shirt
Music by our very own Grand Format, DJ Megan Rascal (she’s baaaaaaaaack) and some guy named (DJ) Jason Das!
Have you read the new and improved Vegan Drinks FAQ? Please read it, even if you’re a regular at our event. (Really, please read it. All of it.)
We’ll turn down the music around 8:30pm and encourage people to promote themselves, their groups and/or causes for 30 seconds. If you represent a veg*n or animal rights group, come prepared with your (very short!) spiel and literature.
If you’re not already following our every move, connect with Vegan Drinks on Facebook, follow us on Twitter (@vegandrinks), and join our e-mail list.
Vegan Drinks NYC is usually held the last Thursday of the month from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. Do you represent an animal rights group you think should be the beneficiary of an upcoming Vegan Drinks NYC? Visit vegandrinks.org/beneficiaries to learn more about how to make that happen.