We just added a whole freakin’ lot of restaurants to the sweet-ass New York City vegan restaurant guide. All these entries need to be complete are your witty, informative reviews, so check ’em out!
- Mama’s Food Shop and Old Devil Moon serve up soul food brunch in the East Village.
- If you’re in the mood to play fancy, there’s Franny’s in Prospect Heights and Abistro in Fort Greene.
- For veg sushi there’s Brooklyn’s Bozu and Miyako on the Upper West Side.
- Tillie’s is the usual Brooklyn coffeehouse scene, plus vegan cookies and Tofutti grilled cheese.
- Try the weekend jazz brunch at Dodo.
- Pizza Plus in Park Slope has soy cheese for your pizzas.
- 71 Irving Coffee has vegan muffins.
- And No Malice Palace has vegan White Russians!
- Park Slope’s Second Helpings is worth battling the strollers.
- Live Lucky’s Café makes the poetry at Bowery a little tastier.
- And don’t fret if you find yourself hungry and stranded in W’burg on an L-less weekend. For classic brunch fare, there’s hole-in-the-wall Phoebe’s Café. For lunch, try a soy dog at Sparky’s with lots of fixins. And for dinner, head to Taco Chulo for tacos and burritos with tofu sour cream, plus a full bar.
Stay tuned for more additions in the next couple weeks.