Illustration by Marcos Caceres
Vegans are good at many things: eating, thinking, acting… We’re also pretty darn skilled at raising money. So, do your part and pack Southpaw in Park Slope, Brooklyn, on Tuesday, May 10th from 7:00 P.M. to 11:30 P.M. for the Benefit for Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support + Americares. (Please bring all of your non-vegan friends with you!)
A wild variety of food and entertainment will be offered throughout the evening, so even the most difficult-to-please folks among us should find themselves having a really great time. The lineup includes:
- A screening of the Oscar-nominated Japanese film Kwaidan
- Live music by singer/songwriters Gretchen Witt and Yukari Roja
- Tunes by New York’s Dj3dg (of Vegan Drinks fame) and DJ Megan Rascal
- Webcast by Terry Hope Romero, author of Viva Vegan! and Veganomicon
- Raffles with fabulous prizes
- Food from V-Spot, Terri Organic Vegetarian, Gone Pie Vegan Bakery, Vérité Catering, I Eat Grass and others
Proceeds from the benefit will support Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support, which coordinates relief efforts for animals in crisis, and Americares, which provides humanitarian aid such as emergency shelters and medical supplies.
Buy your $15.00 tickets in advance or at the door!
Sorry youngins’, this event is 18 and over. Bring your ID — it will be checked!