January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day! What I love about peanut butter is its ability to comfortably exist in both the realm of the low brow American lunch (simple PB & J) to more haute “ethnic” cuisine. I could live on PB & Banana Sandwiches (as is, or grilled in Earth Balance and fit for The King). Peanut Butter blended in warm soy or rice milk is a nice alternative to hot cocoa. My friend Ethan turned me on to the joys of Peanut Butter & Company’s dark chocolate peanut butter schmeared over Newman-Os.
Here’s a list of some sweet and savory peanut butter recipes.
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter Banana Cocoa Cookies
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cardamom Peanut Butter Ice Cream Brownie Sundae with Chili-Spiked Chocolate Sauce
- African Peanut Potato Stew
- Aromatic Noodles with Lime Peanut Sauce
- Savory Garlic Ginger Chickpea Fritters with Thai Peanut Sauce
What’s your favorite way to eat peanut butter?