Now that the confetti has rained down and the post-celebratory sleep-deprived eyes have set in for the day, it’s now time to take a gander at a few other things that SuperVegan was keeping an eye on.
- California’s Proposition 2 a measure that regulates how animals can be treated in California factory farms passes with an overwhelming majority.
- Oklahoma’s Question 742, an initiative that would make hunting, trapping and fishing a right by the state’s constitution was passed.
- Arizona’s Proposition 105 which could prevent further animal protection initiatives by restricting the process to do so was defeated by 66% percent of the vote.
- Oregon’s Measure 64 to strictly limit voluntary payroll deductions for political purposes was passed; this measure will impede fund-raising for non-profits such as Oregon’s Humane Society.
- And, finally, Massachusetts’ ban on dog racing, Question 3 passes.