Mmmh.. Shepherd’s Pie! Porcelain: DaisyDogStudio.com
This Shepherd’s Pie recipe has become a regular around our house. We make it at least twice a month. It’s fast and easy, yet fulfilling and hearty. Shopping for it is light and uncomplicated. Try different veggies and different flavors of gravy for variety.
4 medium potatoes, diced
2 Tbsp. margarine
One–half cup soymilk
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 12–oz. bag substitute burger crumbles (I prefer Yves)
2 packets of Road’s End Organics Shiitake Mushroom Gravy Mix (prepared)
One 16–oz. bag (more or less) of frozen veggies (peas, carrots, and corn is my favorite)
Salt, garlic powder (about 1 tsp.), pepper, and cayenne pepper (I use about one–half tsp.), to taste
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and mash with the margarine and soymilk. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a pie pan, mix the crumbles, gravy, veggies, and spices.
- Top with the potatoes, spreading the potatoes to the edge of the pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 ºF.
Makes four servings.
(Adapted from PETA’s Vegetarian Starter Kit)