Great for every occasion under the sun. Makes the perfect gift. Get creative with endless decorating opportunities.
2 and 3⁄4 cups unbleached flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg-replacer egg
1 1⁄2 cups plus 1 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance Buttery Sticks)
1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
3 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. soy milk
1⁄4 tsp. peppermint or lemon extract (I also like to use orange)
- Cream sugar and margarine until fluffy
- Add vanilla and egg-replacer egg
- Add flour mixture and beat until soft dough forms
- Divide dough into two parts and roll each out to cut desired shapes
- Place shapes on greased cookie sheets
- Bake 15–17 minutes at 325º
- Let cookies cool completely, then spread icing, decorate.
Adapted from Vegetarian Times Website.