Avimorphism? (Photo via National Pigeon Day)
**Edit: Two late additions for Tuesday, June 16**
Be alerted of these and other events we think you’ll care about by subscribing to our calendar.
Events are free unless otherwise noted.
Now until June 14
Saturday, June 13
- National Pigeon Day: Praise the pigeon at Central Park and all over the country. Our very own Patrick Kwan will be speaking.
Central Park, Pilgrim Hill
- Get friendly with a neeeeighbor at A Horse of Course!, a walk and discussion with Kathy Stevens at Catskill Animal Sanctuary.
$15, or $5 for members. Register in advance by calling Julie at (845) 336-8447.
- Woodstock FAS hosts its family-friendly Jamboree. Games, face-painting, animals, and food by Isa Moskowitz. That’s right–another chance to dose on Isa before she heads back to Oregon.
$10. Register in advance at the website.
Tuesday, June 15
- Protest against the netting and gassing to death of at least 2,000 NYC geese
Port Authority Headquarters, 225 Park Ave. South
- Ingrid Newkirk’s book-signing for The PETA Practical Guide to Animals Rights: Simple Acts of Kindness to Help Animals in Trouble
Borders, Columbus Circle
Thursday, June 18
- Mercy for Animals celebrates the opening of its New York office with vegan appetizers and drinks at MooShoes. And wait, it gets better than vegan food and booze: MooShoes will be donating 10% of that day’s in-store and online sales to MFA, so you finally have a scale-tipping reason to get that pair of Simples.
MooShoes, 78 Orchard St.
Friday, June 19
- Join Mary and Peter Max for the kick-off party for the production of Standardized Testing. The film “follows PATH founder Kelly Overton…as he attempts to return his diplomas and get his tuition refunded in an effort to bring attention to the dangerous and wasteful biomedical research being done at the universities.” Food will be provided by 4 Course Vegan, BabyCakes NYC, Blackwell’s Organic Gelato, Candle Cafe, Frey Vineyards, The Power of Food, Tuthilltown Spirits, Vegan Treats Bakery, and others.
The Max Studio
37 W. 65th St., 7th floor
$100 and up. Purchase tickets here.