More than 50 people have fallen ill after eating tainted (but tasty!) Veggie Booty (as of print-time, Tings are still reported safe). SuperVegan readers beware: New York and California are reporting the biggest outbreaks, with thirteen and seven sick, respectively. Veggie Booty’s maker Robert’s American Gourmet Food is recalling all of the product. If you have some, throw it out and seek reimbursement for your purchase. So far no one knows (or is saying) how the snacks became contaminated.
Sure, it’s obviously disturbing that a vegan-friendly packaged snack product is tainted with an animal-borne bacteria–but it’s also cute that the FDA has been tracking these illnesses since March.