Isa’s in town!
Find these and more events in our calendar.
- Vegan Brunch release party: Celebrate the release of Isa Chandra Moskowitz’s latest and brunchiest cookbook with vegan sausage and pink grapefruit mimosas made by the lovely lady herself. Free.
MooShoes, 7 p.m.
78 Orchard St., between Grand and Broome streets
- Two vegan cookbooks released today: The Vegan Table, by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, author of The Joy of Vegan Baking, and The Vegan Scoop, by Wheeler Del Toro of Wheeler’s Black Label Vegan Ice Cream
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden free admission Tuesdays (recurring event)
- The New York City Bar offers a free program on puppy mills and puppy mill legislation in New York. Register before hopping over. Free.
6-9 p.m., New York City Bar
42 W. 44th St., between 5th and 6th avenues
- The second episode of The Goode Family airs at 9 p.m. on ABC. I didn’t find the first episode to be overwhelmingly hilarious, but as a friend of mine said, “Considering this is a Mike Judge cartoon, it will get better if it manages to survive, because it will stop laying on the obvious. King of the Hill, for example, was never meant to be a laughing-out-loud affair, and it eventually managed to amusingly reconcile certain aspects of that particular culture war.”
- Edible landscaping workshop at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Learn to grow things in your tiny Brooklyn apartment that you can eat! Free. Register in advance.
6-8 p.m., Brooklyn Botanic Garden
1000 Washington Ave.
- Rally for Worldwide Day of Protest Against Horse-Drawn Carriages at Columbus Circle with Friends of Animals, the Coalition to Ban Horse-Drawn Carriages, HEART and mayoral candidate and current council member Tony Avella.
12 p.m., Columbus Circle
- Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary‘s Spring benefit dinner for the NY Vegetarian Expo. $65.
5:30 p.m., The Women’s Club of Albany
725 Madison Ave., Albany, NY