We used to do a great job covering the NYC vegan scene. We’ve been slipping lately. But lots of people on the internet still get their NYC vegan info from us and we’d like to provide more of it, more often.
This will be a paid, very part time, contract position. The work will be erratic but regular. Potentially daily, maybe 15 minutes here, 30 minutes there, that kind of thing. The money is real but not amazing*. The ideal candidate is posting all this stuff to their own blog/social media accounts already anyway.
Other attributes of the ideal candidate include:
- Residency in and familiarity with the NYC Metro Area.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Decent self-copyediting skills (ain’t no one else gonna do it for you).
- Familiarity with popular social media platforms.
- Extensive blogging experience.
- A personality that comes through in your writing.
- Can accept editorial guidance without taking personal offense.
- Photography skills.
- Anger and optimism in equal measure.
- Online all the damn time.
(If these aren’t all true for you, we might still want you—just let us know which when you apply.)
To apply, send an e-mail to email@example.com with:
- A note describing why you’re the best person for this job.
- A brief description of the last good NYC restaurant meal you ate.
- Links to five examples (that you’re proud of!) of your writing on the web.
- A list of three great vegan-related things that happened in NYC in 2013.
- A list of three great vegan-related things that happened in NYC in 2012.
- A list of three great vegan-related things that are happening in NYC later in 2013.
- An explanation of what makes a good SEO-optimized headline.
- Something you’re pissed-off about.
- Something you’re happy about.
- Zero attachments! We won’t look at them. And they may even disqualify your entire message.
Questions welcome via e-mail or in the comments.
*The exact amount will vary depending on how much work is taken on. But they pay will probably be at least $50/week.