Oh, man. Otters. This one’s photo via Mr. Addition.
- A fur retailer is going out of business. Thank you, mindful consumers, the recession, and anyone else who might have had a role in the demise of this.
- Pamela Blackwell, owner of two-week-old Cocoa V and older beloved vegan joints Blossom, and Blossom Uptown, chatted with the Village Voice about vegan chocolates, nut cheese, and bacon. If you’ve been to Cocoa V, leave us a review, pronto!
- Speaking of Blossom, they’re opening a new location next week on the Upper East Side on First Avenue between 79th and 80th streets. GO, BLOSSOM, GO.
- Chef Tal Ronnen of Oprah and Gardein fame was all up in Extra dispelling ridonculous myths about vegans. See: the food tastes bad, vegans are starving, and vegans are poor because we must spend all our money on expensive gross vegetables.
- We respond to the Weston A. Price Foundation’s perverse attempts to justify eating animals.
- A little birdie tells us the NYC Chipotle locations might soon be market-testing their Gardein filling.
- Finally, otters are SO ADORABLE. Just try to tell me they’re not. I said JUST TRY.