Someone poke this man with a knife.
- Vegan Drinks is TOMORROW. Free stuff, and booze, and vegans, and what else could you want for a Thursday night?
- Teany’s coming back, y’all! The teahouse/maker of delicious baked goods and light meals just began rebuilding the space, more than six months after a fire put them out of business. Pleasepleaseplease, chicken salad melt, come back!!
- Feeling generous? Or, hey, feeling like a greedy, selfish scumbag? ‘Til the end of the year, your donations to Farm Sanctuary will be matched TIMES TWO by some secret and super generous donor for the rest of ’09. Easy math: $1 for you = $3 for a cuddly lamb or frisky pig. So if you were planning to give nothing because you thought $20 wasn’t good enough (which it totally is!), now you’re giving $60, and that’s, what? Food for a family of four (goats) for a week or two, right?
- OK, guys, more easy math: Buy one of Isa’s cookbooks and she will donate ALL the proceeds to Out to Pasture Animal Sanctuary. Christmas shopping: done.
- Governor Paterson spoke at an NYLHV VIP reception held in his honor. Take a looksee at Ecorazzi’s interview with him.
- So there’s an octopus…snatching a coconut? I don’t know. I mean, I’ve never seen an octopus run like that.
- One of us (Patrick? Maybe?) ate vegan fried ice cream at Soy and Sake. Devourable or detestable? YOU DECIDE. (I’ve already decided that every system in my body would shut down if I got near that thing.)
- A Ringling Brothers employee outted those elephant-abusing clowns, the Washington Post reported.
- Garden blend mock meat from Gardein appeared at Chipotle in Chelsea! Vegan mainstreaming, YES.