Donkeys don’t have stripes. Via The New York Times.
- The Catalan parliament passed a vote to ban bullfighting by including bulls in an animal cruelty law that protects certain animals from any kind of torture. Yahoooo!
- In other animals-are-not-for-entertainment wins, a charity claims to have freed the last dancing bear in India on Friday, December 18.
- The Brooklyn Paper says Red Bamboo Brooklyn‘s eminent closing is a sign of dying cultural interest in vegetarianism, and notes that RB owner, Jason Wong, is no longer a vegetarian. (Did everyone know that? I didn’t know that.) Wong told The Brooklyn Paper, “The concern now is more about locally grown and less of a carbon footprint. Being a carnivore doesn’t mean you don’t care.” This is true. It could also mean you are ignorant. What’s your excuse, Jason Wong? And where is the hard, non-incidental evidence that vegetarianism is on the decline?
- Pups can thrive on a vegetarian diet, a report published in the British Journal of Nutrition says. But you already knew that.
- This is NOT a zebra. Prepare to be depressed.
- New restaurant reviews on Peacefood Cafe, Cocoa V, Sacred Chow, and HanGawi. Leave your thoughts for posterity, people.