Guys, so much happened this week, I don’t know where to begin. So let’s just start with restaurant openings, yes?
- Sun in Bloom opened Saturday, January 2 and, because I am a man of my word, I went for brunch. It was good. Really good. I mean, check out that loaded burrito — avocado, beans, tofu scramble, and all sorts of tastiness up in that bitch. And no nutritional yeast, thank you.
- On that same magical day, Vinnie’s Pizza in Greenpoint opened. Almost makes you want to move back to Greenpoint, doesn’t it? (Actually, no, Pizza Plus is right here and I’m laaaazy.)
- Babycakes opened its LA location Sunday, January 3. I know, you’re in NYC and you can’t do a thing about it except drool. Well, drool on this!
- And in restaurant closings, Red Bamboo Brooklyn closed.
- The New Yorker profiled Whole Foods co-founder and CEO John Mackey.
- Food, Inc. is online and free, so no more excuses.
- Hospitals in the UK’s publicly funded healthcare system will take meat off the menu to cut carbon emissions and costs, The Guardian reports. Yes, less pollution AND less expense! ALL SIGNS POINT TO NOT EATING ANIMALS.
Sweden is using bunnies as fuel. They are shooting bunnies, “deep freezing” them, burning them, and then calling it biofuel! COME ON. BUNNIES, NOT BIOFUEL.