- Zen Palate owner James Tu is launching a fast food chain, Zen Burger, and a frozen food line. Hopefully they’ll have a lot of vegan stuff. If nothing else, Zen Palate got better at labeling their vegan offerings after Tu took over the chain.
- Only cause we’ve touched on it before, it’s worth noting that UK Mars bars have lost their Vegetarian Society seal of approval because they use battery-farmed eggs. Silly vegetarians with all their weird distinctions!
- The state of Florida has stopped serving special kosher and halal meals to prisoners. Instead, observant convicts will have to make do with vegan food. “Either you have a choice of violating your own religion beliefs or you’re coerced to only eat vegan.” Awwww.
- On a related note, BBC TV show “Casualty” has been forced to make a script change – replacing a politically incorrect Muslim bomber with an apparently more socially acceptable animals rights bomber. At least both terrorists would eat the same food in Florida prisons.
- And speaking of kosher, SuperVegan reader Catres let us know about Sacred Chow’s upcoming Rosh Hashanah dinner, which will be held on Friday, September 14. It’s a prix-fix communal table deal which includes vegan challah, and pitchers of kosher vegan wine, cocktails, and beer.