Foxie with Princess. Troll dolls are the hot accessory for the residents of Chimpanzee Sanctuary Northwest.
This is a lazy blog post to clear out some of my backlong. I think all this stuff’s interesting. Hopefully you will, too!
- Who wrote avid hunter Sarah Palin’s convention speech? Republican animal-rights guy and Dominion author Matthew Scully!
- “Friggin Genius” My Sweet Vegan author Hannah Kaminsky is giving out dessert samples and signing books at the Park Slope Barnes & Noble tomorrow. Check out that and lots more great events on our NYC Calendar!
- Four-year-old elephant Xiguang is receiving methadone injections for a year at five times the human dosage to kick his heroin habit.
- FoodFight! Grocery is celebrating their birthday with the PARTY OF THE CENTURY in Portland on Sunday September 7th. Highlights include: Los Gorditos 2 (all vegan taco truck!), Soft Serve from Blossoming Lotus, Velcro Wall, Bungee Cord Tug o’ War, Gross Out Eating Contest, Pie Eating Contest, and the “DooDoo Storm 2000” eating contest. There’s also a Facebook event page.
- Field Roast sausages are special. Here’s where they come from.
- The New York Times wonders how animals grieve and mentally process death.
- After way too long as primarily an e-mail-only list, glamazon vegan consumerist queen Chloé Jo Berman’s got a website for her Girlie Girl Army.
- PETA has named the top five veg-friendly rehab centers.
- Wish we’d update more often? Me too, but meanwhile just keep refreshing the “vegan” page at addict-o-matic.