Dr. House hits on Piper Perabo’s vegan character.
- Vegetarians in Australia say they’ve got it tougher than the meatheads.
- In light of the recent pet-food saga, The Wall Street Journal asks, how much is your pet’s life worth?
- The Guardian discusses the matter of vegetarian and vegan wines: because no one should get drunk by way of fish innards, gelatin or bug juice.
- San Francisco is proclaimed to be the most humane city in the U.S. New York ranks 12th.
- The new vegan character on House, M.D. may be the first to warm the stone-cold doctor’s heart. Maybe the writers are trying to make up for the 2005 sick-vegan-baby storyline (such a cliché now).
- A woman is suing Zen Palate for injuries sustained after finding (and eating) big hunks of metal in her food.
- And a fire destroyed Park Slope’s vegan-friendly Pizza Plus this weekend: everyone is (reported) safe, but the restaurant is ashambles. SuperVegan’s best wishes go out to the Pizza Plus owners and employees, and we hope they set up a new Follow Your Heart-serving shop real soon.