“But the cages were what pushed all the flavor tight into the animals.”
- “What’s wrong with a little foie gras in our time?” Unfortunately not an April Fool’s prank.
- The Onion gets man-on-the-street opinion on BK’s recent humane changes.
- All vegan cycling team!
- The Herald Sun publishes a nice animal rights column by guest writer Phillip Barron.
- A vegan says what? over at Toothpaste for Dinner.
- Bay Ridge, Brooklyn council member Vince Gentile is handing out a humane raccoon repellant to residents with especially delectable, raccoon-friendly trash. “The cuddly critters are considered wildlife and cannot just be killed.”
- Secret Kitchen event! Coming in May! Hosted by no-longer-vegan celebrity chef Isa Chandra Moskowitz! Don’t eat the cheese!
- And this Saturday is the Farm Sanctuary annual gala benefit. Registration deadline has passed, so just salivate over the free food & drink, the Ally Sheedy, or the $100 you saved. Update: Deadline extended through tomorrow!