Eyeing cupcakes from Little Vegan Monsters
- We mourn the passing of Sara Whalen of Catskills no-kill shelter Pets Alive. Sara saved thousands of animals, and should be an inspiration to us all.
- Ryan at the Veg Blog’s Tips for New Vegans: Restaurants reminds us that “veganism’s not about sacrifice, it’s about doing what you know is right.”
- His advice is no help for Pamela Anderson, as Hooters prevents her from hosting a faux-winged book-launch party for PETA.
- I’m scared to eat at Hooters, and even more scared of trying eat in meat-laden foreign countries. But here’s some great vegetarian travel roundups for Moscow and Buenos Aires.
- Vegan actress Emily Deschanel tries to convert David Boreanaz to veganism. (I know, a few readers are thrilled to hear this; everyone else is shrugging.)
- And only movie stars can afford the hot new vegan footwear from Mink shoes.
- Remember that vegan cupcake eating contest in New Haven? Read all about it and see the shirtless carnage.
- There are stories running around on less reliable news sites that mad scientists have created a sheep that’s 15% human (in it’s internal organs). I’m not convinced it really happened, but it’s scary to think about!
- The metaphor of the week award goes to Dennis Kucinich, for his quote about facing Fox News: “I have to be ready to go into the lion’s den. I’m a vegetarian and a vegan — I mean, maybe the lion doesn’t want to eat me because I’m a vegan.” How can you not love the guy!