Yeah, Chrissie, WTF?
- Boston television pulled a PETA commercial featuring Casey Affleck–and dead pigs and chickens. And Affleck wasn’t even naked!
- There’s a new veg restaurant in Rochester, New York.
- A Singapore man died after being infected with flesh-eating bacteria by the crab he was cooking for dinner.
- For you spoiled Pacific Northwesterners, sample some of the 500,000 free tastes at Seattle Vegfest this weekend, 10am-6pm both days.
- A vegetarian is suing a UK supermarket after finding meat in a “veg” product.
- Chrissie Hynde is planning to open a veg restaurant in Akron, Ohio. Originally it was going to be vegan, but those plans were scrapped–and now the place won’t even be billed as veg. Sounds familiar.
- And the wide-eyed media’s take on vegetarianism for Meatout week: from Jersey to Scranton, plus Toronto’s Sweets From the Earth vegan bakery.