“The goldfish simply stay away from the surface and all is well.”
- Veg-friendly online dating as covered by Columbia J-School. Definitely not being discussed over at Vegan Porn–I wonder why.
- More than 3,000 pigs died when a Canadian hog farm caught fire last Saturday.
- Lewes, England farmers are protesting Mayor Merlin Milner, who recently snubbed the traditional menu for Lewes’ “Town and Country” dinner (steak and kidney pudding), opting instead for a vegetarian meal.
- I don’t want my food fried in tasty trans fats in this deep fryer–it’s also an aquarium.
- An Arizona woman was found guilty of child abuse and could face up to 51 years in prison for starving her kids on a “vegan” diet of ground carrots.
- Brooklyn’s own Red Bamboo wins Time Out‘s reader award for Best Vegetarian Restaurant, beating out HanGawi, Mana, Vegetarian Dim Sum House and SuperVegan reader favorite Wild Ginger.
- And this week’s Vegan Job Watch: Organic Avenue seeks shop assistant, Counter seeks part-time server and mystery “established downtown vegan restaurant” seeks part-time office manager.