Dr. Benjamin Spock, humanitarian.
- Doctor Spock recommended a mostly vegan diet for babies, children and adults. And he sold way more books than Nina Planck ever will.
- At the prodding of one legislator’s 16-year-old daughter, Israel has outlawed animal testing for cosmetics.
- Posh Victoria Beckham carries vegan diet book Skinny Bitch around. Sales explode–hey, it’s selling better than Isa on Amazon!
- An Indian vegetarian won his civil suit for “aggravated damages” against Malaysian Airlines after they served him a meaty on-board meal in 2003. He received 200,000 rupees (about $4,124) in damages, twice as much as this Indian family did for “mental torture.”
- And I’ve always had mixed feelings about raw food, but this Chinese man is giving “live” a whole new (terrible, punny) meaning: he claims eating live frogs and mice for the last forty years has cured his stomach ails.