Tiffin Wallah – Indian cuisine in a hipper-than-most decor
- The latest all-vegetarian addition to Curry Hill, Tiffin Wallah brings $6 lunch buffets, fancy thali combos and a hipper-than-most decor to Lexington Avenue.
- RIP to the original Veggie Castle, but its Queens offshoot in South Richmond Hill is still alive and well. Head on to Veggie Castle II – unfortunately, it’s not housed in a former White Castle building.
- Perhaps the only sign that Staten Island really doesn’t suck as much as everyone in the world thinks it does, Chin Chin Palace dishes up an extensive menu of mock veggie meats and seafood AND was featured in The Staten Island Advance.
- NetCafe has an integrated coffeehouse featuring vegan cakes and pastries from Sensible Edibles and vegan crepes. Of course, they also have soy milk for your drinks.
- So you’re in Chinatown and there are idiots with you who refuse to go to an awesome all-veg dim sum place like Buddha Bodai or House of Vegetarian. Well, fear not, Dim Sum Go Go features a menu with great selections of delectable veggie delights like snow pea leaf dumplings and cilantro and scallion rice rolls.
In other news, Zen Burger informs us that their new opening date is next week, Thursday, January 3rd.