Join us THIS Thursday, May 30, from 7:00pm to 10:00pm for Vegan Drinks NYC to mark our fifth anniversary! Find us at Fontana’s Bar, located at 105 Eldridge Street on the Lower East Side. SoulKofa is back to feed you!
This month, we’ll be benefiting VINE Sanctuary. VINE (“veganism is the next evolution”), located in Springfield, VT, provides a haven for animals who have escaped or been rescued from the meat, dairy and egg industries or other hurtful circumstances. Stuff your dollars in the donation jar, and buy raffle tickets from VINE to win one of these great prizes:
- Gift certificate from Champs
- Cake from Clementine’s Bakery
- Snack Box from Vegan Cuts
- Gift certificate from Terri
- Gift certificate from Vegan Essentials
- T-shirt from Vaute Couture
- Gift certificate from Peacefood
- VegNews subscription and tote bag
- T-shirt and buttons from Compassion & Co.
- Two tickets to the Vegan Cook-Off: Hors D’ouevres Competition (June 2nd at the Bell House, Brooklyn)
- Various vegan cookbooks
Music by DJ Grand Format, DJ Megan Rascal, and DJ Jason Das!
Wanna let all your Internet friends know you’re going? RSVP on Facebook if you’re of the mindset to do so.
Have you read the new and improved Vegan Drinks FAQ? Please read it, even if you’re a regular at our event. (Really, please read it. All of it.)
We’ll turn down the music around 8:30pm and encourage people to promote themselves, their groups and/or causes for 30 seconds. If you represent a veg*n or animal rights group, come prepared with your (very short!) spiel and literature.
Vegan Drinks NYC is usually held the last Thursday of the month from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. Do you represent an animal rights group you think should be the beneficiary of an upcoming Vegan Drinks NYC? Visit vegandrinks.org/beneficiaries to learn more about how to make that happen.