– Russell Simmons on meat, “I don’t eat that Sh*t!” via Ecorazzi
– Like big infographics? Here’s one about why we don’t need milk!
– It’s Adopt A Turkey time again! Who will you choose to be part of your compassionate holiday tradition?
– Wanna play an immersive first-person gestation crate game?! We suggest you play in a crowded office, fullscreen, preferably with sound turned up loud.
– We’re jealous of Texas this weekend. The Texas State Veggie Fair, happening Sunday October 21st, looks awesome!
– Best or worst giveaway ever? Win a ticket to sit next to some famous naked lady at the $500/plate NYCLASS Gala to stop Horse Carriages in NYC! The gala is Tuesday, October 23, but you need to enter the contest sooner.
– Congratulations to Portland’s Vegan Mini Mall, home to Sweetpea Bakery, Food Fight! Grocery, Scapegoat Tattoo, and Herbivore, who tweeted “Just realized it’s been FIVE YEARS and 2 days since we opened our doors at the Vegan Mini Mall!”
– Why “Pumpkin Is The New Bacon” in NYMag.
– There’s a Vegan Dogs event in NYC on Tuesday, October 23! And this is actually happening.
– Mark your calendars Bostonians, or anyone able to travel to Bean Town– Boston Veg Food Fair is coming next weekend, October 27-28! It’s free and huge and if you’re able, you should probably go.
Got a hot vegan tip or see something we missed? Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org!