– “Military’s dogs of war also suffer post-traumatic stress disorder” via LATimes
– Albania is planning to “celebrate” 100th birthday with mass slaughter of 1,000 lambs. via The Guardian
– 585 South African rhinos have been killed so far this year, up from 13 in 2007. via The Guardian
– Farmers want Killer Whales off the endangered species list so they can get more water for irrigation. “The quirky link between California cotton and melon farmers and the 85 killer whales, which spend much of the year around the Strait of Georgia, Juan de Fuca Strait and Puget Sound, is water in the Sacramento-San Joaquin river deltas. The water is needed for salmon, the preferred diet of killer whales, so farmers’ access to river water for irrigation has been limited.” via Times Colonist
-And speaking of the sea, get 25% off purchases at the Sea Shepherd store, be entering coupon code HOLIDAY2012 until December 16th!
– New Jersey mayor Cory Booker and vegetarian Cory Booker begins a food stamp challenge: $27.98 for one week. via The Republic