NYC Metro Area Vegan Restaurant Graveyard
508 East 12th Street
New York NY 10009
This restaurant is closed. Share your memories of other restaurants past at SuperVegan's NYC Metro Area Vegan Restaurant Graveyard.
$$$$$ (Average entree cost: $5-$10)
- Visa ·
- Mastercard ·
- American Express
$20 minimum credit card charge.
Jubb's Longevity delivered.
$25 service charge for delivery. Only "large" orders will be delivered.
Jubb's servers encourage diners to try samples.
Review by meowbird on February 16, 2009:
- This place is closed now. :(
Review by JamesR on July 9, 2008:
- Jubb's was a place I have always wanted to check out, and when I finally did, it was somewhat of a disappointment. The smoothie and food I ordered were both delicious, but the service was beyond apalling, and that's putting delicately.
Basically the staff got into some weird argument, and completely ignored me and my order. It took them 25 min to get around to making my smoothie. I'm not normally this picky, and I know the vibe of this place is very laid back, but I only suggest going here when you have a lot of time on your hands. Still, the food was excellent, so I would check it out, but don't plan anything too soon after your visit.
Review by evange on July 7, 2008:
- I received extremely slow (even accounting for the fact that yes, this is slow food we're talking about here...the story is not worth typing out but really. it was SLOW.) service plus with an open-faced instead of closed face sandwich, which i didn't discover til i got home. closed face was $2 extra (!!), i.e. $13! I will give it this: the food was (capital D) Delicious. The place itself was piled with buckets, leaving little room to stand and wait and wait and wait.
Review by hippie4lyfe on March 5, 2008:
- The service is a bit slow because this raw cuisine takes time to make and the place is tiny but the food is so delicious you really taste the flavors and it is so healthy and energizing. The atmosphere is very relaxing with the music and crystals throughout the store/cafe. Highly recommend.
Review by nancycola on August 21, 2007:
- I went on my own to Jubb's on a recommendation of a friend. The first thing I experience is Dr. Jubb saying, "What would you love?".
But another fella wound up helping me and was very generous with the samples. Their hummus and pesto were both chunky and flavorful. Yummy.
The dehydrated crackers they were on were also delicious.
I bought a Passion Fruit smoothie made with brazil nut milk which I was also offered a sample of. Creamier than milk! (from what I recall). The smoothie was delicious but I'm not sure I tasted anything other than that nut milk. I also bought some flax crackers. Tasty! Despite the prices, I will be going back.