NYC Metro Area Vegan Restaurant Graveyard
24 Carrots Organic Juice Bar
244 West 72nd Street
New York NY 10023
This restaurant is closed. Share your memories of other restaurants past at SuperVegan's NYC Metro Area Vegan Restaurant Graveyard.
Vegetarian (mostly vegan)
Menu did not indicate vegan items
$$$$$ (Average entree cost: $5-$10)
- Visa ·
- Mastercard ·
- American Express ·
Weekdays 8:30am-10pm; weekends 9am-10pm.
24 Carrots Organic Juice Bar did not deliver.
Review by doly on March 18, 2010:
- Im saddened but shocked to hear 24 carrots has closed. I guess its tough these days. If this is the 24 carrots that i believe it to be, boy, the owner will prevail! He is super intelligent and yes "very compassionate" He does take much time and effort to satisfy his cutomers. I do hope he reopens another place and if so I will be there. take care in NYC from Lawrence, Mass.
Review by catres on June 1, 2009:
- They are closed. I walked by last Tuesday, and the store was totally empty.
Review by veggivet on March 8, 2009:
- Many people will miss this wonderful oasis after it closes. Does anyone know why or when they're closing? Why is it all the good places go out of business?
Review by Julia on March 6, 2009:
- This is my place!!! I mean, I go there at least 3 times a week, even just for theur awesome smoothies!!!!!!! Unfortunately, I know that they are going to close, and I definitely don't want!!! I'm gonna miss this quiet and zen spot!!especially the owne who is a wonderful and passionate person! I LOVE GOING THERE AND DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO STOP HAVING MY MOMENT OF PLEASURE and PEACE AT 24 CARROTS!!!
Review by topflitegirlny on November 3, 2008:
- So excited that I found this tiny gem of a place on the UWS! I'm addicted to the Green Smoothie ( kale, spinach,pineapple,mango,ginger + water) - in addition to the 16 oz. cup, whatever they have left over is poured into a wide "shot glass" as an extra bonus.
They also stock Kombucha ( so good for you!), healthy snack foods, and raw and vegan dishes that are awesome. I'm working through their various items, and so far give two thumbs up to the collard greens with tempeh bacon, pad thai, raw veggie lasagna (made with nut cheese, not tofu!) , raw stuffed cabbage, raw apple pie, and the jam drop biscuits. I can't wait to try the rest!
Oh, I also tried the raw cacao covered young coconut delight- it was so decadent and heavenly! If you like coconut, this is magical! I rarely see them in the display- I can see why they're always sold out!
Everyone is super nice here- there are two stools in the storefront if you want to "dine in". Don't ask for your food to be heated up- there's no microwave and the raw foods are meant to be consumed as is!
To eat raw/vegan seemed like making a huge commitment to changing my diet. I mistakenly thought eating raw/vegan meant eating foods that sacrificed taste. I was so wrong! The foods from Raw Soul are really tasty and delicious. I am lucky to live close by, but even if I didn't, I'd still make a few trips a week to stock my fridge with these healthy options!
Food and smoothies are $7+, but the amount of care/time put into the raw dishes and the uber-fresh ingredients going into your generously portioned smoothie make it worth the price.
Review by Lucky2 on June 30, 2008:
- Contrary to the information above, although most of 24 Carrot's menu is vegan and vegetarian, there's one exception - a chicken wrap... nonetheless, it's still delish.
The employees were polite; the smoothie, wonderful; the raw cheesecake, divine; but the chocolate cake appeared to have suffered a bit in the NYC subway system. The prices were painful - 8 dollars for a smoothie...? 7 for cheesecake? 5 for cake? - but this is balanced out by convenience - a location just off of the subway.