NYC Metro Area Vegan Restaurant Graveyard
1121 Saint Nicholas Avenue
New York NY 10032
This restaurant is closed. Share your memories of other restaurants past at SuperVegan's NYC Metro Area Vegan Restaurant Graveyard.
$$$$$ (Average entree cost: $5-$10)
- Visa ·
- Mastercard ·
"Closed Until Further Notice."
Heights Vegetarian delivered.
Review by Trixieloohoo on March 5, 2009:
- Yep, stopped by today and they are still "closed until further notice." I had been noticing a decline in patronage as of late, even with the typically heavy Columbia Pres. Hospital lunch crowd. If this is the end of Heights Vegetarian, it will be sorely missed!
Review by keramel on February 17, 2009:
- I went on 2/16/2009 and there is a sign on the door that says: "CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE."
Review by KatieMolinaro on January 16, 2009:
- I went here a few months ago after visiting The Cloisters. It was all the delicious food I love from Uptown Juice Bar in a very nice, clean, newly renovated space. The girl who was working that day was really nice and gave us free samples as we tried to decide what to order. Go there, it's great!
Review by catres on June 1, 2008:
- Heights Vegetarian is a great addition to the neighborhood. I'm so happy to see a veg place next to so many hospitals. They have the hot bar that Uptown Juice Bar has, a bunch of burger and french fry combos (harlem platter-veggie burger, fries, and santa cruz organic soda $7.61!), juice bar, soups, salad bar with different add-ins (it makes you feel "normal" because you can get a salad and toss in carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, and soy chik chunks), and a nice dessert selection. The cakes are Vegan Treats and they usually have about 5 on hand the times I've been there, but they also have their own bread pudding, banana bread, and apple pie (I highly recommend the apple pie).
Review by plumpdn on May 26, 2008:
- The first VEGAN restaurant in Washington Heights! What a relief that I can spend money in my own neighborhood. The food is good. Most fare is lunchroom style with selections ranging from collard greens and chick peas to mock curry chicken and sweet and sour tofu. They also serve mock meat wraps. The best part of the wrap is that it is made of Trinidad roti (YUM!). Excellent sweets like cakes (carrot, red velvet, chocolate, coconut), banana bread, pies, etc. are delivered fresh on Tuesdays. The service is typical Caribbean, however, usually delivered with slight disdain (a sucked tooth here and there), but overall it's fine. Check it out!