NYC Metro Area Vegan Restaurant Guide
Vegetarian (mostly vegan)
Menu does not indicate vegan items
$$$$$ (Average entree cost: $5-$10)
- Cash Only
Monday - Friday
7am - 11pm
Saturday - Sunday
8am - 11pm
(between Meserole St & Scholes St)
Montrose Ave (L)
Yummus Hummus delivers.
Hummus cafe with several flavor options served with pita, menu also has falafel and salads.
Review by stecel on October 15, 2010:
- Everything is vegetarian, and tons of vegan options:
- Baked Bulb (Hummus plate with a baked garlic bulb)
- Falini plate (Falafel plate - ask for no jalepeno yogurt)
- Chickie - (Hummus plate with veggie sticks)
- Falini pocket (half falafel sandwhich/half salad)
- Reta Pocket - Red pepper/caper sandwhich (order w/o feta)
- Chop salad
- Reta salad (order w/o feta)
- Carrot Salad (order w/o feta)
The falafel is baked which is obviously healthier.
If you order a hummus plate ask for no feta in the olives/pickle plate that you get with it.
I recommend either the Baked Bulb or the Hummus Falini plate, substituting red hot sauce for green hot sauce, and no feta with the olives!
The tahini is definitely vegan as well.